Sunday, December 30, 2012

Catching up and Christmas Eve

I’m so behind on posting I’m not going to try to catch up. We’ve been busy with life and holiday stuff and I’ve been spending my evenings working on holiday gifts instead of at the computer. Since I last posted anything it was determined that Parker did in fact have a broken arm, he only had to wear a cast for two weeks. Just long enough for the novelty to wear off and he was very ready to have it removed. As soon as we arrived at the doctor’s office he told the nurse he needed to get his cast taken off and he climbed up on the exam table.


20121221_140824

No tears, no complaints just a happy little boy who was excited to get a sucker and a sticker when the doctor was done. With his cast off he was completely back to normal, but still undecided if he is going to be left or right handed. We spent the weekend before the holiday running errands and doing some baking and decorating for the holiday. I had bought a gingerbread decorate kit with a giant gingerbread for each of the boys to decorate.
Cody did the icing while the boys added the candy, they had a lot of fun and I was amazed that they didn’t try to eat any of the candy. They loved sticking it on the men.

DSC02076

DSC02103DSC02125

DSC02126

We had a family party the Sunday before Christmas with Cody’s extended family, this year it was held at a rec center. The kids had free run of the gym and various balls to play with.
Christmas Eve I had to work, but Cody was off and spent the morning with the boys. I had to pick up a final gift (next year we are going to be prepared) and the store was crazy. I made it home just in time to get ready to go to dinner. We had a great dinner with Cody’s family. The boys ate so well, I was shocked at the amount of steak they managed finagle from Grandpa and actually eat.
We did the traditional gift on Christmas eve for the boys. As I was getting ready to leave that night the boys announced that the gift was for them because there were three of them.

DSC02314

Surprise! Pajamas, they are not yet old enough to understand that they’ll be getting pajamas every Christmas eve.

DSC02352
Parker, Nicholas, Andrew

We made it home and put the boys straight to bed so Santa could visit and so Cody and I could have the annual wrapping party (yup procrastinating), we made it to bed by 1 am and were very grateful that we’d set the boys clock change color to signal the wake up time to 8:15 instead of the usual time.

No comments:

Post a Comment