Sunday, November 11, 2012

Disneyland continued (long post)

I didn’t keep track of what rides we went on for this trip, we just kind of went where ever sounded fun without too long of a line. We were not ready for the heat on our trip which meant we were going a little more slowly than we normally would have. While planning and packing I kept a close eye on the forecast and the normal weather is highs of around 80, so I planned on at least a day or two of needing long sleeves. Instead by Wednesday the temperature hit 100 and it was in the mid to upper 90s almost everyday. When packing I thought I was being silly packing a bunch of tank tops for the boys, turns out it was a very good thing.
We spent before and after naptime at Disneyland on Wednesday trying to see a few rides we’d missed. The boys were a little apprehensive on the Nemo subs, but ended up really enjoying them. We rode Buzz Lightyear multiple times and spent a lot of time in Toontown.
For the first time we rode Roger Rabbit, the last two years it had broken down or was closed every time we tried to ride. This time we all entered the queue and quickly found the boys were not okay with the dark loud spaces. The line didn’t get too scary until it was to late to turn around and exit. When we did make it to the ride the boys opted out of riding. Even Parker was not willing to ride. I rode by myself, it was a fun ride and I’m very glad you could control the amount of spinning. When it was Cody’s turn to ride Parker decided to ride and ended up loving it.

At the exit we met Goofy again.


Posed for some photos before lunch.


That was just about the end of the boys willingness to look at the camera or even near the camera for the afternoon. We have a ton of photos of the sides and back of their heads.
We did a lap over to Critter Country to get fast passes for Splash Mountain for after naptime. Splash is Cody’s favorite ride in Disneyland and we were so excited to take the boys on it for the first time. We were so happy that we picked up fast passes, due to the heat and the crowds the wait for Splash was over an hour. In the fast pass line we spent about 20 minutes trying to convince the boys that this would be fun. Parker was okay with the prospect of riding, Nicholas and Andrew were bribed with the promise of a cookie after the ride.


On the ride Parker had fun, so of course on the photo he’s the only one you can’t see. Andrew and Nicholas well their faces really say how much they were enjoying it. Parker’s response to “What did you think of Splash Mountain?”


Giant cookie being shared as promised for surviving the ride.


We stayed until the park closed re-riding a few of the boys favorites and finally taking them on the monorail. The monorail had broken down earlier in the day and we’d been promising to ride it all week.
On Thursday it was back to California adventure for more time in Carsland and to get to spend some time at Paradise Pier. We arrived early enough to get fast passes for Radiator Spring Racers. On the Pier we stopped to meet Donald and the boys were talking up a storm.



We took the boys on Toy Story and the loved shooting the targets followed by riding the carousel.

Unprompted adorable-ness!

We had a quick lunch before heading back to Carsland, we rode Racers and Junkyard Jamboree. We waited to meet Lightning and Mater at the Cozy Cones. The boys wanted to touch the cars, not have their picture taken.



After our midday break we went back to California Adventure for more Carsland some time on the Pier and we watched World of Color. We had a great spot to watch from and the boys alternated between being held or standing on their strollers (with support). Everyone enjoyed the show then it was a slow shuffle through the crowds to dinner and finally bed.
Friday was our last full day at Disney, we again started with Carsland where the boys enjoyed sharing the front seat.


After riding Racers we hopped over to Disneyland to just wander around and ride whatever sounded fun. Including I think our 7th time on Small World. The best part of this ride was it was a slow moving line and the parade starts right next to the queue, so we had the best view of the first few floats before we boarded. We did stop to attempt to get a photo of the boys heading into the castle.


Disneyland was closing early for a Halloween party that night, so we had already planned on another evening in DCA. We spent more time on the Pier. The boys had been asking to ride Golden Zephyr for most of the day as they remembered it from last year. While in line Cody had Andrew and Nicholas with him while Parker and I were bringing up the rear. Nicholas started telling another little boy not to climb the railings (something he’d been told countless times that week) when a man behind me spoke up to tell him “Careful you never know when someone has a twin brother.” Being the smart aleck I am, I almost immediately responded with “I see your twins and raise you a triplet.” Thank goodness he had a sense of humor! It made the waiting in line fun having 5 three year olds together.
We had dinner in the park, spent some time in Redwood Creek Challenge Trail running around the ropes and really draining every last bit of energy from the boys. After the trails Cody walked me to the park exit where I took the boys back to the hotel while he closed out the park taking photos. I think he made it back to the room at around 2 am.
Saturday we spent the morning in Downtown Disney picking up some souvenirs before heading home. We drove straight through with just one stop for a meal. We had an amazing vacation and I’m so glad we added the extra days for San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment