Saturday, September 22, 2012

Union Pacific Railway Act

So probably the least exciting post title, but today I took the boys to the Union Station for an event celebrating the 150 years since the signing of the Railway Act. For the event the station had a miniature train to ride, a steam engine and museum car to walk through.
The boys were most excited about riding the miniature train.

SONY DSCSONY DSC

Still not willing to look at the camera.

We rode the train right when we arrived and again when on the way out so we had a chance to sit in both passenger cars.

SONY DSC

Inside the station a model train was set up and the boys were in heaven.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

They would look from one side then ask to move to another, and another, and another. We did at least a dozen laps around the set up. I was able to drag them away from the table to see a little more of the Station.

SONY DSC

I remember playing with this train when I was a kid. As it was only a single train and a button to fight over we moved back to the train table pretty quickly.
The boys did wonderful the whole time we were there. I was nervous to take them by myself especially since the Harvest Moon Celebration was going on today and I knew it could be very crowded and lately the boys have not been great at listening or staying with me. They were fine and held hands with me or each other the entire time with almost no complaint. This gives me hope for Disneyland. On the way out we stopped in front of the engine in an attempt to get a group shot, this was the best I got.

SONY DSC

They had their train whistles, train shaped pencil toppers and it was 2 pm with no nap so little chance of getting a good shot. I have to say I love this new trio of shirts, the boys were super excited to wear the ’hero shirts’.

1 comment:

  1. Hi My name is Jenna
    Your kids are handsome prince’s, cute blessings, special earthly angels, and precious gifts and miracles. I love trains, and have never been on a real train before. Looks like the boys had fun!
    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, developmental delays, and 14 other medical conditions.

    Here is a new poem I wrote, it’s called it takes courage:
    It Takes courage to love
    Like a dove
    It takes courage to fight,
    It takes courage to do what’s right
    It takes courage to stay strong,
    When things go wrong
    It takes courage to write a song
    It takes courage to live
    It takes courage to give
    It takes courage to fight this beast
    It takes courage to be brave
    It takes courage to smile and wave
    It takes courage to keep positive
    Keep on fighting!
    It takes courage to win!
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete