Monday, August 13, 2012

Catching up a little

We’ve been staying busy as usual and I’ve been really bad about taking my camera with me, but at least I have my phone. It helps that Cody does take his camera. Last Wednesday I met a friend and her kids (also triplets) at the zoo. We knew it would be warm and of course it ended up being the hottest day of the month (102°F) and I had decided that we’d be going in the wagon to avoid having to leave early from the boys not listening and running everywhere.
We started by playing with the globe or water ball according to the boys.


Then made our way to the Rocky Shores and air conditioning. The polar bear was swimming and putting on quite a show for us all.


Of course they had their maps, which has become a must have on every visit. The Spiderman water bottles are new though. A kid in their play school class has introduced them to Spiderman and while they don’t really get the whole hero thing, they like him.
After the polar bears it was time to see the giraffes, I am so glad the giant hill is closed off for now. The milder ramp is still a challenge with the wagon. At the giraffes we attempted a group photo, I’m going to assume that getting six 3 year olds to look at the camera simply cannot be done without props.

The boys are about 5 months younger than their friends, I can’t help but laugh at the size difference. I would have been happy to trade wagons for the hills though.

After seeing most of the animals we headed for a quick train ride before calling it a day. One of the little girls was so sweet and gave Andrew a hug and a kiss to say goodbye. She planted the kiss in the center of his chest because that’s as high as she could reach. I’m hoping to spend more time at the zoo in the coming months, it should start cooling down and it’s the perfect way to get the boys ready for the walking and staying with us that is necessary for our next Disney trip.

Thursday was a normal day followed by some camping prep. The plan was to be camping Friday and Saturday night then come home Sunday afternoon. Sadly the campground was full and we ended up turning around and heading home. We had a ton of camping food (hot dogs, tin foil dinners, marshmallows) that needed to be cooked.
Since we were not camping we just headed up Milcreek Canyon to walk some trails and enjoy some time around the camp fire. The boys loved exploring. They were color coded from gymnastics earlier in the morning.


Pretending to fish in the icy cold water.

Parker kind of cooperated for a photo.

After running around for over an hour we found a picnic site and got dinner going. The boys each at 2 hotdogs, a tortilla a bunch of marshmallows and were still asking for more. The teenage years should be interesting if they are already eating like bottomless children.

He is so his father’s son.

The boys were of course covered in dirt, so we made it home and it was straight to bath and bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment