Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weekend

I’m recovering from my first couple nights on my new training schedule, I’ll I can say is it is going to be a long month. Over the weekend it was a lot of errand running, groceries and the weekly Costco run. It was weird to go shopping by myself and on a Saturday, I normally go mid-week with the boys when the stores are not so crowded.
After shopping we had just enough time to load the boys up so I could run to the bank then home to pick up Cody who was fixing the sprinklers. I decided to take the boys in the bank with me instead of going through the drive through. I always am a bit nervous taking the boys anywhere without a stroller or the wagon because they are 3 year olds and can act like well 3 year olds. I was thrilled that the boys started saying we have to use our inside voices and hold hands without prompting. They stayed with me and held hands the entire time.
We picked up Cody and headed to a wedding reception for Cody’s cousin. It was nice to see our extended family and the boys were happy to eat crackers, cheese and cookies. It was an hour drive each way to the reception so our goal was to keep the boys awake so it wouldn’t ruin nap time. They stayed awake on the drive, but they also stayed awake when we put them down for a nap. I know that at some point I’ll have to accept the boys not napping; I’m just not ready yet.
Since they refused to nap we knew we were in for some cranky boys and an early bedtime. It was so hot out I didn’t want to cook, so I took the easy way out and picked up pizza. On the drive to pick up pizza the boys were starting to show signs of being tired. On the drive home to try to keep them from sleeping I gave the boys some candy laces. Two of them fell asleep with a candy lace hanging out of their mouths. It was about a 7 minute power nap for Andrew and Parker, just enough to give them a little energy to eat then it was straight to bed.
Sunday we tried to teach the boys about a lazy Sunday, it didn’t work. We did some reading and showed the boys some of the new Carsland videos from Disneyland.

SONY DSC

Since the summer like heat had arrived we spend most of the morning enjoying the air conditioning and playing in the house. The boys I ran an errand after nap. For the last week or so the boys have been asking to be tucked it and wanting a pillow to sleep on. So we picked out new pillows and some Thomas (of course) pillow cases. I don’t have any pictures of it but it is so sticking cute seeing the boys tucked in and snuggling into their beds.
After getting their new pillows everyone happily put them in their cribs and we headed into the back yard to play with the water tables. I am so grateful that our back yard is full shade by about 5 pm. It was hot outside.

SONY DSC

Amazingly Cody I and stayed completely dry, but the boys had their first water fight. It was not a coordinated water fight but there was a couple cups of water being thrown (mostly misses).

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

It was so hard to get pictures of the boys looking at me and getting smiles extra challenging. Or at least more than one smile in the same shot.

SONY DSC

After about an hour of playing the boys were done playing, everyone requested dry clothes.

SONY DSC

No comments:

Post a Comment