Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Show week at the Little Gym

Playing catch up here. Last Friday was show week for the boys gymnastics class. Cody met me at the gym so he could see the boys ‘perform’ and to trade cars with me for work. The boys were beyond excited to see Daddy. When he arrived the boys were using the potty they came around the corner and couldn’t contain their excitement.

SONY DSC

The boys did okay in showing their skills, having Daddy there (and me in the room) was a huge distraction.

SONY DSC

I have to keep reminding myself that the boys are at least year younger than all of the other kids in the class, so they may be a bit more distracted by all the fun stuff to climb on. The boys took turns on the beam, the bars, and the floor mats.

SONY DSC

SONY DSCSONY DSC

With the chaos I didn’t get many pictures (well keepers) the boys were running all over the place or demanding to sit in our laps. After everyone had a chance to show their skills we were given time to just play.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Even Cody tried out some equipment, the gym was not made for tall people.

SONY DSC

SONY DSCSONY DSC

After free play all of the kids were given a medal and applauded. They were told to look at their parents and say “Ta-da.” Parker said it, but didn’t look at us. Nicholas wouldn’t look at us and instead of ta-da, he yelled wahoo.

SONY DSCSONY DSC

I didn’t get a shot of Andrew, probably because I had two other boys in my lap. Once all of the awards were given out we attempted to get the boys to stand together with their medals.

SONY DSC

Well at least we tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment