Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Long weekend

It’s been a long week, without warning last week my office called and told me we would no longer be open on weekends and I would have to make up the hours on Thursday and Friday. I of course was not thrilled, it meant working 5 nights in a row with very little notice two weeks before I had planned on it.
Thursday I went to work already waiting for the weekend, Friday I had planned on work and was excited for the 3 day weekend. Friday afternoon work called again (I was worried), but instead they were letting me know they were overstaffed and wanted to offer to let me have the night off. When Cody came home we headed for the park to let the boys play.

I can’t tell you how nervous the rock bridge makes me. The boys are fine on it, but still it’s always nerve wracking.

The insisted on wearing their sunglasses the entire time.

This playground has a lot of different climbing options, but they boys seemed to stay on the main play set. Climbing up and going down the slides constantly.

As the boys were running out of energy they started a tickle fight between each other and Daddy.


Nicholas was far more cooperative with the camera that night.

Saturday was the usual running errands and we had company over for game night. We played Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan while our boys and our friends 4 year old watched a movie. We had so much fun! It’s been a long time since we have had a game night. Sunday morning Cody stated to feel not great, the boys and I gave him some time to rest, so we ran errands until naptime. After naps I went to visit a fellow triplet mom who is currently on bed rest at the hospital.  I made it home just in time to help with bedtime.
Monday Cody was feeling poorly so again the boys and I headed out after breakfast until nap time. I was happy to have the night off because Cody was not up to the night routine alone. Four nights off in a row gave me a little bit of a preview of what it will be like when I switch to my new shift. It will be great to be home for bed time every night, I just have to survive 5 weeks of not being home on weeknights.

No comments:

Post a Comment