Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sticking with the routine

It’s starting to feel like each day is just about the same activities.

  • Get up
  • Get dressed
  • Have breakfast
  • Play
  • Run errands or play more
  • Have lunch
  • Play
  • Naptime
  • Play
  • I go to work or we all do something as a family

Play includes a lot of trains, reading, shooting hoops, trains, running races from the playroom through the dining room, fighting over trains and asking me for snacks.

I feel bad that we are stuck in the same tasks everyday, but the boys seem to still be having fun. The warmer weather has been a wonderful thing. We have been playing in the backyard which means playing in the dirt under the stairs in an effort to get as dirty as possible.

SONY DSC

Eventually they get bored playing in the dirt and will ask to play in the front yard with their trucks, cars or tricycles. 

SONY DSC

Lately the boys are into crashing their cars into one another while yelling “crash.”

SONY DSC

Nicholas and Parker are quickly becoming pros on their trikes pedaling back and forth and having races on the sidewalk.

SONY DSC
SONY DSC\

Andrew still hasn’t picked up on how to pedal, I was able to have him ride down the driveway a couple times before he asked me to put the trike away.

SONY DSC

I’ve been hesitant to play in the yard sometimes when the neighborhood kids are outside. I really want the boys to play with other kids in the neighborhood, but a couple are overly aggressive towards the boys so I spend most of my time monitoring the offending child instead of enjoying the boys.

I’ve been fighting a cold since Sunday so we’ve had some lazy days this week. Monday was a pajama day for the boys and since I was not up to chasing them around the yard I got out the crayons and construction paper. The boys have not yet decided on a dominant hand and tend to color with both.  I covered the table with easel paper (thanks Ikea) to minimize the amount of crayon I’d have to remove from the table later. We are no where near mastering keeping the coloring on the individual papers.

SONY DSC 

SONY DSC


They did have a wonderful time singing the alphabet song while I wrote the alphabet out for them a couple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment