Saturday, January 14, 2012

Coloring

The boys have spent time coloring while in their old feeding table and at restaurants, but I hadn’t let them do any coloring on the new table yet. Since I was trying to avoid scrubbing crayon off the table we spent the morning at Ikea picking up some large rolls of paper to mask off the table. The boys also don’t object to getting a lunch of meatballs and mashed potatoes.
While the boys napped I set up the table to contain the mess. They came down the stairs and went right to their seats.

SONY DSC

We started with just a blank piece of paper, then moved to a page from their Disney coloring books and of course the paper roll got lots of color on it too.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC
I wish I could say he drew the Mickey so I wouldn’t have to admit to my sad attempt, but he was just coloring it in.

They were very focused on their work. We are fairly sure the boys are right-handed but were coloring with both. I just seemed to only get shots of them actively coloring with their left.

SONY DSC
Coloring is hard work.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Even after Cody came home the boys were still coloring, they stayed at the table for over an hour and asked to color more after dinner and this morning. I’m trying to work up the nerve to introduce finger paints.

SONY DSC

No comments:

Post a Comment