Thursday, December 15, 2011

They like their sleep

I think the boys are taking after Cody how much they enjoy their sleep and naps. Anyone who knows Cody, knows he isn’t naturally a morning person. When I go in to the boys room to wake them either in the morning or after nap time they make it pretty clear that they are not always ready to get up.
This morning I went in at 8:30 the boys were starting to stir, enough to ask me to not turn the light on. They also kept repeating that it was night night time. Nicholas was saying go night night, good dreams. Instead of turning on the light I opened the blackout curtain just enough to be able to see what I was doing. They objected to any light and really wanted the light out. Sometimes after nap time it can take a half hour or more for the boys to really be awake and ready to do anything but sit or lay down. They will ask to go back to their crib tent, sit on the floor outside of the crib, camp out in front of their room and it takes a lot of encouragement to get them to come downstairs to play.
Yesterday after a two hour nap I woke the boys up and a half hour later they still were not ready to to get going.

SONY DSC

And I think it’s time for a haircut. Doesn’t Andrew look thrilled to be up?

SONY DSC

Nicholas felt about the same way. Parker was already playing with trains, a big switch from normal. Usually Parker fights getting up harder than anyone else. He has even mastered drinking his morning milk without sitting up. Which doesn’t sound like much of an accomplishment, but he’s drinking from a straw cup.
Maybe they’ll become more morning people if not I think we’ll need multiple alarm clocks.

1 comment: