Thursday, November 10, 2011

New books

Every week when I take the boys to Costco for our 8 (yes 8) gallons of milk and a few other staples. I always spend a good amount of time looking through all of the books to see if they have anything new. We’ve been lucky to find a fair number of Thomas, Cars, Mickey Mouse and Dr. Seuss books. The boys have all gotten into books lately and have stopped trying to eat them. We recently started to transitioned from board books to regular books.
Yesterday I picked up a 3-pack of Thomas books. What could be better than they’re favorite character and it comes in a 3-pack. The whole drive home they were asking for me to open the new Thomas books, I told them I would open the books after we were home and the groceries were put away. They asked non-stop for the books while I was bringing everything in.
I asked them to sit on the couch to read and handed out books.

SONY DSC

They spent a half hour reading to themselves, to each other and to me. Nicholas was being very talkative, if you listen closely Parker is trying to tell me about Thomas going up the road. Of course there is also a tiny tantrum over a book trade.

When I left the playroom to make lunch the boys followed me into the kitchen to continue telling me about the books.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC
Andrew

SONY DSC
Parker

SONY DSC
Nicholas

I guess seeing me always with a book was bound to rub off on them eventually. We spend a lot of time each day reading, I can’t count how many times I hear “read more stories” from the boys. Now that they are talking more it’s fun to hear them read the story to me or try to interpret the pictures to tell me what is going on.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, love hearing them talk! And they'd get along very very very well with my boys. (Wouldn't that be a sight?!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam that would be a very entertaining sight. It would be an all the Thomas you can stand event. With a little Cars and Toy Story thrown in.

    ReplyDelete