Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Picnic at Wheeler Farm

This afternoon the boys and I met some of my friends from the local triplet mom’s group at Wheeler Farm to see the animals and have a picnic lunch.  The boys walked with the Kinderkords until lunch time. They were a bit overwhelmed by the geese who were just a little to up close and personal. I wasn’t able to take pictures until we stopped thankfully in the shade. I can’t wait for fall, the 90 degree heat and 50% humidity is just to much for me. As soon as I disconnected the kords the boys ran in three separate directions.

SONY DSC
Nicholas was about 20 feet behind me.

We stopped to see the goats, chickens, pigs, a calf and some bunnies. The boys were not over excited by the bunnies. After only a couple minutes Nicholas stated waving and saying bye bye bunnies and pulling me away. I think as a whole the boys were more interested in watching the other kids than the animals. In total we had 5 moms with their triplets age 3 and under, so we blended in really well as usual.
Lunch time was a nice rest in the shade. I was the only one whose kids sat in the wagon to eat, they weren’t buckled in and were happy to eat their sandwiches and some fruit.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

After lunch all of the kids ran to play at the nearby playground, sadly it was a little to old for most of the kids. The big slide which the boys normally would love could only be reached by climbing up a ladder. There was still plenty of exploring to do.

SONY DSC

The tunnel was a hit with my boys and Angie’s kiddos.

SONY DSC

Eventually Andrew grew bored with the playground and decided to play with the wagon instead. I was impressed that he went straight for our wagon and left all of the others alone.  He ended up pulling Nicholas around for about 10 minutes.

SONY DSC

By 1:30 we had a fair number of cranky kids ready for naps. We quickly set up for a group shot.

SONY DSC

I love spending time with the other MoMs, it’s a great way to pick up tips and compare notes. As an added bonus almost no one asks questions beyond are they all triplets. If the heat keeps up I think the next get together will be at a splash pad or we’ll set up a bunch of little pools in a back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment