Thursday, July 21, 2011

Riverdale splash pad

Yesterday the boys and I met some extended family at the splash pad and park in Riverdale. The boys enjoyed the playgrounds, but they spent most of the time hanging out with the family. The boys, especially Nicholas, immediately warmed up to my cousin Susan. They even ran from me to go hold her hands.
The boys again made it seem like we don’t feed them as they spent most of the time eating. Eating from the plates I made for them, eating food off of the other adults plates and diving into the fruit containers. They got to enjoy their first capri sun juice pouches. Eat a bunch of cookies and try other new foods.

SONY DSC

I didn’t take the camera while the boys were playing on the playground, but I did try to get a couple pictures at the splash pad. The boys wanted nothing to do with the water. I don’t know if it was because it was crowded and they didn’t have a chance to ease their way in or just not wanting to get wet.

SONY DSC

There was a lot of standing around the edge of the splash area watching the other kids playing. If they were not standing and watching they were running around the fence chasing each other. You can almost sense their lack of excitement at being at the splash pad.

SONY DSC

After our attempt at playing in the water we went back to the tables for round two of the eating.

SONY DSC

We did get all of the kids together for one big group picture. It’s crazy to think that all of these kids are the grandchildren of my second cousins. Making them fourth cousins I think and of course not one of them looking at the camera.

SONY DSC

I had fun catching up with my family. The boys seemed to enjoy it as well. I think my secret is out on how I manage three two year olds. The boys were as mellow and easy going as they usually are. I don’t mean they were complete angels, they did run away from me a couple times and well acted like two year olds.  I think we are going to try taking the boys to a different splash pad this week, with luck we can get the boys to play in the water instead of just near it.

No comments:

Post a Comment