Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Still busy

It seems like we’ve been going non stop for almost a week now. Last Friday was the monthly girls night out with the local triplet moms. We went to on mom’s house and watched a movie and just chatted. It’s so much fun to spend time with the other moms, it’s great to spend time with people who know exactly some of the challenges and the joys I’ve experienced.
Saturday we spent the morning at home and headed for Ikea after nap time to get some shelves for the playroom. I love walking around Ikea, it gives me lots of ideas and makes me wish I had any talent in decorating. We really need to make a list of what we could use and take a camera with us to the store. We ended up only buying the shelves we went for, which is a first.
Sunday I had my normal shift at work. As soon as I got home we headed out to a park and out to dinner. The boys did great at the playground. It was a much larger one than we usually go to and crowded. Everyone took turns and even went down the big slide. They loved the merry-go-round and I’m sure we’ll be back. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, somewhere we haven’t gone since the boys were still in infant carriers.
The food was great and there was a lot of it. The boys were hilarious with the bread, they serve a dark brown bread that the boys kept calling chocolate. They were asking for chocolate bread through the whole meal. The boy tried corn dogs for the second time and they were a hit. After each bite Nicholas’ eye would go wide and he had a big grin.
Monday the boys had a play date with Roxy’s kids (also triplets). The boys officially have a more active social life than me. I’m trying to set up at least one play date a week if not more. Hopefully it will help the boys get over the shyness they have around people. Of course at some point we’ll have to explain that not all kids come in sets of three.
Sadly I forgot to take my camera so I didn’t get any pictures of the cuteness. Roxy’s kids are about 4 months older than the boys. Her kiddos are also Thomas the Train fans so everyone played with trains and cars. We also spent a little time outside playing and watched some Thomas on TV. I can’t wait to have them come over to play at our house. I think they’ll love all the trains we have to play with.
As we were getting ready to leave I asked Andrew to give Parker a hug, they both ignored me. Roxy’s Reese listened though and gave Parker a hug and a kiss. Reese is such a little doll, it was adorable. It still throws me off seeing kids the boys age because the boys are usually bigger than the other kids. Reese is a petite little girl about 8 lbs lighter and 5 inches shorter than Parker making him look huge next to her. I look forward to more play dates in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment