Thursday, April 21, 2011

What a week

It’s been a long and challenging week. On Saturday I started feeling not so great and by Sunday my sinuses were shot, throat sore and all that jazz. The boys were still coughing a little and had runny noses. To add to the fun of the week Monday morning Cody woke me up to let me know that if I wanted a hot shower I’d need to do it then since the pilot light on the water heater had gone out and wouldn’t re-light.
Turns out it was a fairly simple fix, but the part we needed was only available from Whirlpool.  We didn’t find out that the local hardware store didn’t have the right part until Monday night. Tuesday Cody called and ordered the part. So it wasn’t until this morning we had hot water again. I will never take hot water for granted again. I spent the week warming water on the stove and took some of the coldest showers ever.
With everyone recovering, we had a fairly lazy week. A couple pj days and just playing at the house. Luckily the boys are so obsessed with their new train table they are fine playing at home. We have reached a point of all trains all the time. The good news is the boys no longer kick and scream and have to be dragged away from the train table. They will put their engines in the table drawer and say bye-bye.


For the most part the boys will drive the trains on the table, but they also have found they will roll on the window sill.


After a couple hours the boys can get over stimulated with their trains and we put them away and try to get the boys to play with another toy in the vast collection they have. Given all the options of course they decide to use a toy in a completely new and different way.


At one point all three were lined up riding the basketball hoop like a horse, but I wasn’t fast enough with the camera. We’ll be adding even more sand to the base tonight.

We are busy getting ready for the boys birthday party and well baby check up. Going to be a busy and exciting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment