Monday, August 2, 2010

50 or 15 in 5

This doesn’t have a whole lot to do with the boys, but some coworkers and friends have put together a competition. The basics are to try and lose 50 lbs or 15% of your body weight in 5 months. It started yesterday and runs until the end of the year. Now that I’m completely done with physical therapy it’s time for me to get back in shape.
I have a little bit of a competitive side and this competition will certainly help motivate me. The prize for the winner is a gift card to Subway oh and a healthier body. As an added bonus for me Cody agreed that we can book a cruise when I get to my pre-pregnancy weight.
The challenge I’m having is finding time to workout (big surprise right?). Before we had kids I was at the gym twice a day, both before and after work. I loved going to the gym it was my chance to decompress after work and I miss it. I’ve been looking for gyms that offer daycare and not finding many options. So either I get up before the boys and before Cody leaves for work or trudge out in the heat with the boys. I’m sure I’ll figure out something.
So, five months from now we’ll see, hopefully I’m treating Cody to lunch at Subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment