Saturday, July 3, 2010

No more little black bag

After 14 months I am completely done pumping! I’ve been very lucky to have been able to keep up with the boys while pumping for their first year. Over the last year I pumped just over 251 gallons of milk (yes I kept track) I have a Excel workbook. Originally I started keeping track so I would know if I had enough for the next days feedings or if I needed to thaw some milk or if I had more than needed and when to freeze. At some point it just became something I wanted to know.  This means no more toting my pump everywhere I go.
I can’t believe I spent 12 months pumping every two hours during the day and every three through the night. That means I spent up to 3 hours a day pumping some days and went a year and a half without sleeping through the night. I can’t tell you how wonderful it’s been to wake up after an uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep.
Now that I am done pumping it also means we said goodbye to bottles. So no more washing bottles in addition to cleaning all the pumping supplies. I was surprised that the boys gave up bottles without any fight. No bottles, no pacifiers, where did my babies go?

154
They’ve been replaced with toddlers! Toddlers who are constantly on the move.

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Lisa!! I nursed all three of my kids for 14 months, you are an inspiration to my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say, I do not like this picture (arms crossed across chest and pouting)!!! lol where did the babies go? I have so enjoyed watching them grow into toddlers, but after their haircut, and the way they are sitting with their sunglasses, they look like little boys!!! Next thing you know they'll be in kindergarten sniff sniff!!! Hope y'all are having a fabulous summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I am so impressed with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I just found your blog by chance and I wanted to say your baby boys are gorgeous. I admire you and your husband as you look so organised with your three at once! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lisa- you are an amazing person for keeping up with all 3 boys for the first year with nursing them Think of all of the money you saved in not buy formula. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete