Monday, June 14, 2010

Rainbows, puppies and kittens

For the most part my posts on this blog have been somewhat of a highlight reel of our lives with the boys. One of my coworkers commented about the difference in what she hears about on a day to day basis and what shows up on the blog. I think it was something along the lines of wanting to read blogs about what I talk about at work.  I’m hoping I haven’t driven those that sit around me crazy with stories about the boys and our day to day activities. They often hear me vent when I’m stressed along with the fun things we do.

I’ve always been a worrier and tend to stress a lot over things I probably shouldn’t. My stresses aren’t related to the boys, at least not directly. For the most part they are not things I want to share with the general public. For those who read this blog regularly I can assure you life is not all rainbows, puppies and kittens at our house, but it is pretty sweet.

I guess I’ve always assumed that the day to day schedule of activities in our house would be very boring to read about, so I’ve pretty much left it out. We still follow a somewhat strict schedule of naps and feedings to keep the boys well rested and happy. At least once a week as long as the boys are feeling well I take them somewhere. It’s usually the zoo or something really exciting like Wal-mart or Target. Cody and I now have annual passes to the aquarium so I’ll be adding it to the rotation of activities. I’ve blogged less and less about those because our point and shoot camera died and Cody’s computer (thus photo processing) has been unavailable for about two weeks. That means no photos, or limits me to just poor quality cell phone pictures.  Besides how many pictures of the boys sitting in their stroller at the zoo can I really post?

I’ve tried to keep the blog pretty positive and for the most part I’ve been having a blast the last 13 months with my kids, but there are days that are hard. Days where everyone is cranky and tired and days where I just could use a few more hours of sleep. It almost goes without saying having newborn, infant, or toddler triplets is work, lots of work. It’s a job I wouldn’t trade for anything. No one (especially me) wants to hear me whine about how having kids can be hard.

Having one kid can be hard, three is also a challenge. We are very lucky that the boys have been so easy going up to this point and have only had one cold and a single bout of stomach flu. I wouldn’t ever say that life around here is boring, but it is very routine. Nothing exciting about the day to day feeding, changing and napping to talk about and I don’t want to be that person that whines incessantly about how hard it is to be a parent.

Despite my comment about pictures of the boys in their stroller at the zoo, I do have a couple to share. On June 3rd I met four other triplet moms. It was great to get out with other MoMs (mothers of multiples) and get the boys out with other kids around their age. I really need to set up some play dates with the other moms. I found it interesting that we all had different strollers and that I got far fewer stupid comments from random strangers, however there was much more pointing in our general direction.

group
The Foulger triplets, the Hauze triplets, and my boys. The Cleverly Triplets had to leave a little early so they missed the group photo.

hill climb
Here we are headed up the ridiculously steep hill by the cheetah and giraffe enclosures. With a close up of the much sought after choo choo wagon. This picture really doesn’t do the hill justice, it’s really steep and pushing three kids in a huge stroller makes it an extra challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Sarah was talking about taking our kids to the zoo in the next month or two (before she gets too big) and I think it would be fun to go with you guys, since you're zoo regulars. I'll give you a call sometime this week so we can figure out a good time.

    Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get together with other MoMs! Enjoy each moment with your precious boys.

    ReplyDelete