This weeks question from Multiples and More is about eating out with our multiples. I thought this would be a fun one to respond to since we eat out fairly often.
- How often do you take your children out to eat, and how old are they?
We eat out about once a week at a sit down restaurant.
- Do you have any tricks for keeping them entertained?
We’ve been lucky that our boys are still entertained by people watching and we always take a good supply of snacks.
- Which restaurants do you find are the most family-friendly?
I don’t know about family friendliness, but we go to Applebee’s, Chili’s, Iggi’s, Olive Garden, basically we’ll go anywhere that has enough high chairs.
- How do you handle tantrums in restaurants?
We haven’t (luckily) had a tantrum yet, once someone (I don’t remember who) got really fussy and Cody took him outside to calm down. We had finished our meal, so I just waited for the check and we left.
- Do you ever venture out to restaurants without having extra adults to help out?
Whenever we eat out it’s been just the five of us, so always.
- Do you think it's better to take your kids out to restaurants, and get them used to the experience, or refrain from eating out until they are old enough to understand the right way to behave?
I definitely think it’s important to expose kids to many experiences so we can teach them how to behave and redirect them when behaviors are not acceptable.
- Be honest- do you pick up the cheerios?
It really depends on where we are and how big of a mess we would be leaving behind. Sometimes we will pick up dropped food, if it’s veggies or other food off of our plates, but if it’s puffys we tend to leave them and tip well.