Thursday, May 20, 2010

We’ve been busy

I’m more than a week behind on blogging so here’s a quick recap of what we’ve been up to the last week and a half.
On the Friday before Mother’s day Cody and I took the boys to the zoo. It was a nice day and the boys are really starting to watch the animals. We also took them on the carousel for the first time. We took pictures, but the are not ready to be posted yet. I’ll add them when I can. 
On Saturday before I participated in the Race for the Cure. The weather was great, a little chilly to start but it warmed up to just about the perfect temperature. I walked with my friend Nichol, her sister and her sisters three kids. Her sister has twins so I’m sure we were quite the sight with our giant strollers. I think I did more walking at the zoo then during the 5K but it was a wonderful event that we’ll be doing next year, only this time Cody will walk with us.
The rest of the week was pretty standard until Friday when I took the boys to the zoo again. I went by myself and was surprised with just how packed it was. It was a bit rainy, but luckily the zoo has plenty of overhangs and indoor stops that we waited out the rain in. While waiting for the rain I got the standard questions about the boys.
This trip to the zoo I got a question I’ve never heard before. Many people asked if the boys were triplets, which I hear often. Oddly though many people had the follow up question of “Are they yours?” Maybe I looked like the nanny that day, but I’ve never been asked that before.
I only had one truly negative comment and it really upset me. A woman with her two kids and I’m guessing Grandma approached me and said that she had sympathy for me because they thought they were going to have triplets, but luckily they only had twins. She also added that she could barely manage her two kids and couldn’t imaging having three. My response was less than friendly. There are too many moms out there that had been expecting a singleton,  twins or triplets or even more only to lose one or even all of their babies. To comment that she felt bad for me for having three kids while complaining about her two was insulting. Not to mention she said it in front of her twins.
It ended up being a nice day and I love that the boys are watching the animals now. They really liked the giraffes and the golden tamarins. We will definitely be getting our moneys worth for the zoo pass this year. I’m hoping to take the boys at least a couple times a month. The zoo is a great place for the boys to people watch and decent exercise for me. Three or four laps around the zoo is a decent amount of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment