Monday, May 31, 2010

Walk for the Wach’s

Saturday morning the boys and I (along with my friend Nichol and a whole bunch of other coworkers) completed a 5K fundraiser for a friend and coworker Chris Wach. Chris has been fighting cancer for a couple of years and his condition is now terminal. For as long as I’ve known Chris he has been an incredibly upbeat and optimistic person, which hasn’t changed.
The walk was to raise money to send Chris’ family (wife and 5 kids) on a last Disney vacation as a family while Chris is healthy enough to go. We were asked to wear our Disney gear on the walk. The boys had their character shirts and Nichol and my self wore our ears.
The even raised over around $6,500 for the family, which I’m sure will be enough to give them a wonderful and memorable trip. After the walk a few family members including Chris spoke to the crowd. I really wish I’d brought some tissue. It was a great way to spend the morning, a wonderful cause for someone I really respect.
Sadly I don’t have pictures, I’ve found it’s just to hard to take pictures while pushing the stroller. The boys who always have fun on long walks were treated to some quality people watching. As an added bonus some Star Wars characters (stormtroopers and Boba Fett) and Spiderman were in attendance. The boys had no fear of the costumed characters, which was the first test of how they’ll react in Disneyland this fall.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through the Disboards site. I have to tell you that your family is absolutely beautiful and you have been blessed with 3 awesome boys! I wished for twins and got singles....so opposite of others that have "pity" for you, I am envious! :) Enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete