Saturday, April 10, 2010

Race for the Cure

This year I will be participating in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I’ve been trying to participate for the last 2 years, but two years ago I was recovering from surgery. Last year I was also recovering from surgery, two weeks is just to short a window to go from having three babies to completing a 5K. This year however I’m good to go.
I won’t be running, not up to that quite yet. Two years ago I would have been able to run the race. Last year I could barely walk more than a few hundred feet. This year just completing the course with the boys will be good enough for me. Maybe next year I’ll be able to jog.
Cancer is a one of those diseases that hit’s close to home for me. I’ve lost my Grandmother to cancer, my Grandfather also had cancer. They had different forms of cancer, but I think supporting any type of research benefits everyone. I haven’t really attempted to raise much money or recruit sponsors due to being very very busy, but if anyone is interested. The team I’ve joined was organized by a co-worker who is a breast cancer survivor and a friend. Joining me in the race will be her cousin Nichol, also a co-worker and friend.
I think we’ll be a bit of a spectacle as I will be pushing the boys in their triple stroller and she will be pushing her twin niece and nephew. Nichol is a really good friend and one of the few people that can tell our boys apart (we’ve deemed her an adopted aunt). I’m excited to take part in this years event!

No comments:

Post a Comment