Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Separation Anxiety

We been asked many many times if our boys are starting to have stranger anxiety. We’ve been lucky that we’ve been able to tell them no. The one thing we had never been asked is about separation anxiety. In the last two weeks Andrew has been freaking out if we leave the room. It’s to the point now where if we even start to stand up in the play room and he starts to whine. While whining he also starts crawling toward the gate.
If we leave the room he kneels at the gate crying until we return. I feel so bad, but sometimes I have to leave the room. Nicholas and Parker usually just keep playing. I’m really hoping that the anxiety isn’t contagious, one crying baby is heartbreaking enough.
Last week Andrew started crying when I left for work and continued crying for the next 45 minutes. I really hope this phase passes quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Well....it gets better, but it just went away a few months ago for mine (i.e., they say "Bye Mommy!" instead of sobbing when I drop them off at daycare.)

    Just tell yourself it's normal. Yeah, because that helps. :P

    ReplyDelete