Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A busy weekend

I’m late getting this posted, but we had quite the busy weekend. Friday was Cody’s down Friday and we had errands to run. We managed to get groceries, a bunch of new summer outfits for the boys, clothes for me and our regular Costco stuff. Saturday we had funeral services.

My Great Aunt Helen passed away last week. We were a little worried about the boys making it through the services without a melt down. Luckily we need not have worried, through the services the only sounds we had were a few grunts for more yogurt melts and puffys and some giggling from Andrew. My cousins were wonderful helping hold the boys and keep them entertained.

It was nice to see family members that we don’t see often despite the reason for gathering. The services brought back many memories of Christmas. Every year I would go with Aunt Helen and my Grandma Betty to pick up their sister at the airport, making sure we arrived extra early to get a nice spot for people watching. I didn’t think much of it then, but for sisters to still be good friends into their 80s is a rare and very cool thing.

Christmas morning meant brunch at Helen’s house. There was always a ton of food and sweet treats everywhere. Each year Aunt Helen would use different and unique name holders at the table. After eating we’d take turns opening gifts, from youngest to oldest which usually involved a lot of laughing and was generally fun. Even when I was young enough to just want new toys.
It was hard to say goodbye to such a wonderful woman especially because it brought back so many memories of my grandma. Rarely does a day go by that I don’t think about my grandma and how lucky I was to have her in my life (but that’s a story for another day).

After the interment we went back to the church and let the boys crawl around with their second and third cousins. I really need to get together with my cousins more often so the boys know them. The boys had a good time with the freedom to roam around on the gym floor. The boys had a nice long nap on the drive home, we definitely wore them out playing.

As soon as we got home we unloaded the boys and I headed out for a mom’s night out with some other local triplet moms. I’m not sure if their were 16 or 17 triplet mommy’s (three of which were pregnant), but it was a wonderful gathering as usual. We had dinner at California Pizza kitchen then had frozen yogurt for dessert. It’s always fun to meet with these ladies and enjoy talking to adults not to mention just having a night to relax.

Sunday started bright and early with work as usual. After work we had dinner with Cody’s family where we celebrated his parents birthdays. They are some of the hardest people to shop for because well they just are. Cody had a brilliant idea though. Working with his sister and our brother-in-law Cody got headshots of all the grandkids. To keep with the photo theme we also got them a digital photo frame with built in WiFi that we can add photos to remotely, so they’ll always have updated pictures of their grandkids.

Here are the shots he took of the boys in birth order:

Cody went on a photo processing spree(yay!), so going to have a bunch of photo heavy posts this week.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Your boys are so handsome! I had fun chatting with you! You always have the best stories!

    ReplyDelete