Thursday, February 11, 2010

My first week back at the office

This past Sunday was my first day back at work after just over a year. It was a little strange but also comforting to return to such a familiar place. I’ve been working for the company for almost 6 years with many of the same people. It was wonderful to see co-workers that I haven’t spoken to since I went out on bed rest last January. It was funny to see peoples reactions to me at work, I got quite a few double takes.

Even more funny was the reaction of people that didn’t know I was pregnant let alone with triplets. There was a bit of shock and a lot of well wishes. It kept me in high spirits as I went through my nearly 4000 emails (control+delete is my friend). I’m working part time which is great because I can keep my benefits, but we won’t need to put the boys in daycare. The downside is that three nights a week I put the boys down for their third nap and don’t see them again until the next morning. We are slowly starting to drop the third nap, which may mean I’ll be sneaking out.

At least I get greeted by three smiling faces in the morning, which makes it all worth it. The boys seem to have adjusted to me being gone a few nights a week. I’m still trying to adjust the schedule change for me, I get home from work after 11 and the boys are not really into sleeping in. It will probably take a couple weeks for me to get into the swing of things, but I’ll get there.

3 comments:

  1. new follower here from dis unplugged (exwdwcm)- love your blog and love following triplets- as an IVF'er, i've followed many friends that had twins/triplets. Hope your first week back continues to go great!!! The boys are just so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just happened upon your blog and have enjoyed reading it. We are expecting boy/girl/girl triplets in June. What would you say your top "tips" and must haves for triplet families would be? How much help did you have when the babies first came home?

    Marilee
    Germantown, OH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilee,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. As far as tips the most important thing for us from the beginning was to stick to a schedule and keep everyone on the same schedule (feed and nap at the same time). Must haves for us were be 3 boppy pillows and good swaddling blankets, we also bought a couple packs of terrycloth towels at Costco to use as burp cloths, cleaning and for propping. They were inexpensive and when one gets worn we can just toss them.
    We had very little help when the boys came home, our neighbors delivered dinners for a couple weeks which was a huge help.

    ReplyDelete